In 1937 he was summoned by Yossef Budko to run the department of graphic design in the "New Bezalel", and contributed to the development of this department which became a central one and the largest amongst "New Bezalel" departments. Rudi Deutch served as the head of this department until 1965.
As a designer his concept was to see the graphic product as a combination of four elements: composition, color, symbolism and idea. In addition, he saw the importance of the relation between practical graphics and the land, the people and the street where the posters are exhibited.
Source: Gideon Ofrat - "The New Bezalel, 1935-1955"